Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fly...

It's funny how it is so easy to give someone advice yet so hard to take the same advice that you give.

I guess it all depends on where you are in life... and where you are headed. I created this for our fun little blog hop between myself and Rebecca Gawryl. This prompt was "What encourages you" and the product prompt was paint.

I guess what encourages me is possibilities. Knowing that even if things go completely wrong... they seem to work themselves out. I had a friend once tell me:

"Things always work out in the end... and if they haven't worked out then it isn't the end"

another friend told me:

"It is never to late... never ever...


This spoke volumes to me, and in all reality it really helps to take the pressure off of things always working out perfect. Or having to hurry things along because fear is pushing you to do it before time runs out. And the truth is that... things tend to work out, maybe not exactly how you had envisioned them... but they work out. Taking that first step forward towards your goal is the toughest... but if along the way there are loved ones to support you, goals to reach and possibilities.... that seems to be a pretty good start.

So here is my page... it is actually a canvas (I got a little adventurous!) It is called FLY


FLY... It's OK Really



products used : Plaid Paints (Folkart Pigments) and Mod Podge, Sakura Glaze Pen (black), Font-bohemian typewriter

I think sometimes we need a friend to remind us that we can do it. That we can achieve our goals... that we can strive for good things and not feel guilty or vain. I believe that in each and everyone of us is a God given ability, it is not the same in all of us, it is unique...but never the less it is important for this world to see it. So if all you need is permission to let this ability out and share it with the world, then this is it. DO IT.

Remember this... you are one of a kind... created perfect in who YOU are... it may not be what the world exhibits as perfect, but none the less you are just as important. And that goes for your goals, your strengths (and weakness's) and everything else that this world may be telling is not enough, futile or worthless. If you believe in it, then let it develop who you are to be in this world.

So from my heart to yours... it's OK to Fly... really it is... even if you have to take a break here or there. It is OK to soar... truly it is what you are meant to do. There is nothing wrong with having goals and trying to achieve them. As long as you are able to balance your everyday life... why not? There are possibilities out there waiting to be experienced... and although things may not always work in the way you thought they would, at the end of the day... there are still opportunities for blessings to shine through what you are doing... whether it is you receiving the blessing or sharing your story unto someone else to bless... you were made for this... and anything else that may come your way...



~Liz ♥

16 comments:

  1. oh my!!! Liz this is just breath taking!!!! AWESOMEEEEE job! We all need to remind ourselves that it really IS ok to fly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Liz...how did you embos the butterflies????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz,

    this was just what I needed today. I am so glad and grateful that you share your art with all of us. This piece is estraordinarily beautiful!!! Let you talent fly my friend, never know where it will take you. And yes, it will work out in the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz,

    WOW!!! I am so grateful and glad that you share your art with all of us. This piece is extraordinarily beautiful!!! Let your talent fly my friend, you never know where it may take you!!! And it does work out in the end!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Your work and your words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful!! I love the butterflies. Your post is very touching and so true. Thanks for sharing with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi brave girl. this is SO beautiful, both art & spirit. hope all is well! xxoo, cortney

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh.....wow. MY HEART pounds when I look at this.....words can not describe..my love for this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have inspired my creative side. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love this project so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very different. Did you use individual butterfly stamps?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gave your post a shout out!

    http://4you-withlove.blogspot.com/2012/06/color-color-everywhere.html

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete